Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Requiem for a Dream (2000)


Genre:Crime /Drama

Well,All I can say abt this movie is, it really jolted me off smokin n never touchin WEED. I had seen this movie one yr back in the day time n i really didnt like it, cos after watchin the movie,my whole day was SAD.Kinda just like a HANGOVER.I used to think y this movie is so much Overrated.But i saw this movie again after 2 weeks n i really loved it.I saw 4 times in 2 weeks and every time i watch it i have a weird feeling after the movie.The movie deals with 4 people,who are addicted to drugs.They Become losers in life.I wish everyone I care about would see Requiem for a Dream,Not because they will like it, or that it will teach them something they did not already know, but that it's a rare piece of work that will challenge and probably change them.It's a film that has never been made before, with nothing to compare to it - a rarity these days. I often find myself recommending films to people that I am unable to briefly describe. These are usually the most involving and affecting ones. I'd like my family to see this, but can't recommend it to them. I've recommended it to two friends, and they both had the same reaction: I am glad I watched it, but I doubt I'll be in the frame of mind to watch it again, knowing what you feel.
PLZ dont skip the backgrnd music in the start of the music. The whole movie gives u a diff effect just cos the the backgrnd title by CLINT MANSELL. Dwld it frm some site.The music is played in the whole movie.ITS MIND BLOWING
If the impact was heavier than the first time I watched it and I've vowed never to watch it ever again.
MUST WATCH Movie

Rating: 5/5- POWERFUL

2 comments:

  1. Requiem is my favorite one too...many critics called it drug film but i think they r missing the point here...its film abt 4 guys-each havin their own dreams and they all driven by their instincts (which r always uncontrollable) reached towards a hell stage in the climax...its brilliant effort of Director Darren Arnofsky to create those hip hop images under the drug dose scenes of characters...I also like the character of that old lady wonderfully portrayed by Ellen Burstyn..I gave 9/10 in my review blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude please
    not 5.........
    it was a complete torture

    ReplyDelete